Saturday, March 24, 2012

February 2008

I got the biggest surprise of my life...

Almost 10 years prior I had married Dick, the love of my life. Over 10 years we built the perfect life together complete with two beautiful daughters, a nice home and the symbolic white picket fence. 


Dick was the owner of his own tax accounting firm. February was always a busy month for him so, he usually would send the girls and I away on a trip during the week of school vacation. This particular year he decided I should take the girls to Disney World. My parents and brother also joined us on our Disney adventure. On the second day of our vacation Dick called my cell phone. I figured he wanted to make sure we all made the trip safely and say hello to the girls. Well, that was not it at all. Dick was calling to inform me that when we got home from vacation he would not be there. He wanted a...divorce.

I was in utter shock. Of course our marriage wasn't perfect but we had always managed to work our way through the rough patches. Needless to say it wasn't much of a vacation but we made the best of it for the girls who were 2 1/2 and 6 1/2. They had no idea what was going on. Thank goodness my family was with me for moral support.

Anyways, we made it home from vacation and went through the quickest divorce ever known to mankind. Dick and I stood before a judge in June, 2008 and our divorce was finalized in September 2008. Yes, 7 months after he sent us, the family he supposedly loved, to "the happiest place on earth" I found myself single. 


Single again, ugh. I hadn't dated in over 12 years. A lot changed in 12 years and let me tell you it wasn't for the better. I hope you enjoy my stories of Dating After Disney...

3 comments:

  1. It was for the better. You are better off not being with somebody who isn't going to treat you the way you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very brave to put this out there. Good luck and be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Came over from Because Nobody Likes Mondays- Looking forward to reading more!
    I feel weird saying that, as if I am saying "Hey, can't wait to read more about your hubby dumpin you at Disney" but.......... I have a feeling you are better off, and have a sense of humor. I love to laugh, I love to read, so I guess looking forward to reading more is an o.k. thing to say. ;)

    Good for you for turning it into a blog! Dating after Disney........sounds like there are going to be some good stories coming up, just from the title!

    ReplyDelete